Friday, August 21, 2009

The. Best.

Today's "free" newspaper advertised an A-MA-ZING weekend kitchenware sale at a major downtown department store.

One of the ticket items was the Jamie Oliver T-Fal 11-piece stainless steel cookware set....at$525 off the regular price!!!! UNHEARD OF!!!

I was on the bus heading to work and texted Nat to tell him the exciting news.

We are heading out of town this weekend to his friend's cottage, so I figured we would miss the sale. No big deal, as we aren't exactly in need of any new kitchen stuff.

He texted back with a completely unrelated matter, about where we were going to meet our ride to go up north. Talk of the wicked cool J.O. magical cooking set never happened, and it drifted to the back of my mind.

Then at the office, while getting settled into my Friday, I see that Nat is calling my mobile. I figured it had something to do with this weekend, so how surprised was I when he said he was at The Bay (above mentioned department store)!!!

He said he was going to surprise me, but he wanted to make sure he got the right one:

"STAINLESS STEEL OR HARD ANODIZED, DARLING?"

I. AM. SPOILED!!!!!!!

Now I get to cook fabulous meals for family and friends with my INCREDIBLY SEXY pots and pans!!! I am SOOOO wickedly excited for this!! Nothing makes my day better than coming home from work and cooking dinner for Nat and myself. Having proper tools makes it all the more fun!!!!

Heather?! Are you FEELIN' ME?!?

Anyway, I wanted to share this bit of happy news with you all. No proposal. No baby. Just cookware.

P.S. Nat is now uploading pictures onto his shiny new Macbook, so I will be able to get back to posting them!!! The good news just keeps on coming!!

6 comments:

Geordy and Pete said...

x

pots very cool.

photis even better

x

Anonymous said...

oh man, you know how i love a good cooking utensil.

just got a salad spinner and have my eye on a proper yorkshire pudding tray.

xxh

Mezzle said...

This makes me sad. I live in a world of electric hotpaltes. It doesn't matter how awesome your wok is if it's sittin on electric man. Sniff.

On the same note, Stu surprised me with a mortar and pestle, awesome new tongs (I know that doesn't sound amazing, but we'd been looking for so so long and couldn't find even a crappy one for AGES. Apparently people here don't use tongs unless it's summer and they're having a BBQ), and a spice rack with a whole lot of different dried stuffs. I was very happy. Until I looked at my electric hob. Then I cried.

Mezzle said...

Hotplates.

Beth said...

I am crossing my fingers for a really good mortar and pestle for Christmas/Birthday prezzie. And tongs!! You can't go wrong with a good set...I use ours all the time, and they're not even that great!

Anneliese said...

Jamie Oliver cookware is the BEST!