Sunday, January 31, 2010

Because we're broke.

My sister's birthday was back in December, and my brother and I - strapped for cash - decided to be creative and make her a present.

...I can hear your collective groans, "MAKING a present? Oh, God..."

But here are a couple of facts:

1) We are in a recession.

2) At 27 years old, my sister has only recently taken interest in cooking. Yes, we could have bought her a nice series of pots and pans, maybe a trusty mortar and pestle. But, referencing the first point, we decided to put our thinking caps on and come up with a cheap (free) idea to nurture this newly discovered activity.

So, after much discussion and debate, we came up with this. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Meredith C. said...

Post more! I can't eat chicken and mushrooms forever....

Heather Anders said...

ahahaha. so good.

what a great present (what an awesome camera! what an amazing chef - watch out jamie!).

more. more.

Heather Anders said...

i love flavour townn

Laura said...

This was pure genius. Not only did I get to visit flavour town, but I think I have finally learnt how to chop up a whole chicken and use the bits properly. Well done Budget Birthday Present team, that was awesome! Much better than pots and pans. I am definitely going to cook this....

Anneliese said...

Love it! So creative. Ryan should have his own cooking show