Monday, April 02, 2007

I'm a Citizen of the World, Dah-ling...

Well, I will be for the summer anyway. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed today. I booked my flight to Mexico this morning, and thought, "while I'm at it I may as well book my flight to London as well."

AAAAAAAAAAA!!!

As it stands, I leave for Tulum at the end of this month - April 30th - and return in time for Fong's wedding on the 11th of June. One and half months in paradise! I then spend the next few weeks chilling out in the T-Dot and fly out to London on the 7th of July. I'm going to spend 2 weeks there visiting my dear friends Heather and Kieran, and I finally get to meet Heather's new family!!

After hearing so much about Dave over the past couple of years and seeing his pictures on Heathers blog, I have a feeling it'll be like meeting a celebrity. ANd then of course there's little Fred. Oh GOD!! I can't even begin to explain how excited I am to be meeting Fred! It'll be heaven, I'm sure.

So, by the end of the summer I will be a broke, homeless bag lady...but a broke, homeless bag lady with a wicked tan and amazing tales to tell.

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. More nervous about my finances than anything else, but that's normal. This is going to be one of the best summers of my life, and I plan on taking you all along for the ride...

...via my blog, of course. I didn't mean that literally.

5 comments:

p.j.r said...

are you really? Mexico then London.
Well that sounds amazing!
Will you be bringing your dark handsom "friend" back with you for the wedding?

Graeme and I had talked about going to London to see Heather in the last two weeks in July sometime. I know Graeme will be there for sure, but being my broke-ass self, I'm not positive that I can afford it.
It would be great if all three of us were there at the same time -well, great for us, maybe not so great for heather and dave.
I know how you're feeling about feeling like you may end up as a broke homeless bag lady. Perhaps we could team up and do a whole street act thing - bet we could survive off that for a while....a

Heather Anders said...

yayayayayayayayay YAY!

Just keep in mind people that from the 16th to the 22nd of July I will not be in London, but the south of France - so try not to visit at this time!!!

(Buffy is aware of this, and I am soon to start working on her to come and stay with us for that week [which she should seriously consider as it will be the MOST AMAZING THING SHE HAS EVER DONE] Seriously. You can do London in a week..... A week on the Medditerranian????!!! French food, wine, scenery?!?!? THINK Buffy, THINK.....

Beth said...

Um...you really don't have to do much more convincing, Heather. French food ALONE is reason enough!!! I will go 100% as long as I'm not intruding!! GAAAA!!! British men are charming...but Meddirerranian men...FORGET IT!!! Patty, if you can't make it to London, are you planning on a visit to the T-Dot any time soon??? I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to catch up over a pint or four.

Beth said...

And yes...we should definitely get a street-lady act going. I'm working on the choreography as we speak. So far it involves a shopping cart and some dirty old shoe laces...

Anonymous said...

Hi. Well so close but so far.
If you by for some unforeseen reason get to Spain you are welcome here.
Uncle Paul :))