Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What is it with H8??

I'm very disturbed with the passing and upholding of Proposition 8 in California.

I know nothing about politics, especially American, but isn't there supposed to be a separation between church and State? Isn't that written in their Constitution??

It seems to me like this is still all about how God created men and women for procreation, to create and build families naturally. And that's why marriage should be between a man & a woman...?

Can't couples of the same-sex, regardless of not being able to procreate "naturally", bear or adopt, and raise a healthy, happy family too?

These fanatical, right-wing fuddy-duddies in the Government are stating that they have passed this law to keep marriage "traditional". What does that even mean??

What's so wrong with starting a new tradition? Being the World's greatest Super Power, and allowing ALL people - regardless of sexual preference - to be entitled to the exact same rights as everyone else...

...it really makes me angry, and there's just nothing I can do about it.

Which is an utterly frustrating feeling.

I need a hug.

4 comments:

Heather Anders said...

it doesn't make sense. why does it even MATTER to people? why be so negative about something that doesn't even affect you and makes other people really happy? what the fuck is worng with some people?

but this is just another moment in a struggle which I truely believe will be successful one day.

just a pity it's not now.

xxH

ps. PHOTOS! PHOTOS! PHOOOOTTTTTTTOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Beth said...

From The Captain:

I need to give you a hug. I agree; it's an abomination that this has been passed in the first place. The separation of church and state has always been a bit tenuous in the US, but this isn't really a case of it; while religious beliefs are certainly behind this to some degree, this is based on the beliefs of a majority of those who voted. It was upheld because it was a perfectly legal and democratic vote. As sad, wrong, and pathetic as this is from our moral perspective, the fact remains that this is democracy in action. I'm hoping that the Federal appeal reverses this, because I'm not sure I fully understand how this does not constrain individual rights, but, sadly, it does reflect the will (or tyranny...) of the majority.

Verity Slee said...

yes and sadly in Australia too peoples... There is something you can do- advocate! Or be a total push over like me and bow down, shake hands with the Catholic Cardinal in Australia Mr Pell (as in head of the Catholic church is Australia and potentially t6he next POPE!) and say "your eminence" as I did last week! Oh the shit fight of working for a catholic organisation HOWEVER there waS a MASSIVE jar of condoms and a bong on my desk where he was standing(I am a AOD worker it is professional I swear!) so that balances a little no?

Alex and Alex Aranchikov said...

Hey Buffy - thx for the comment on my infant blog! we did meet a few years ago at Heather's - perhaps once or twice very briefly! Or perhaps with Tom Moore even? You were friends with him, right? We used to be pretty good friends. Anyway - now I've found your blog, will be keeping a keen eye on what you are up to too!
x al&al