Friday, March 25, 2011

Heeding.

"Enjoy this time!", everyone keeps telling me. "Just savour it! Take in every single moment!"

After a couple of fairly stressful months with everything suddenly needing to get organized at once, I think that I am finally starting to heed everyone's advice.

Three weeks from tomorrow, I become a Mrs.

I will start having to tick the "Married" box on forms and fill out that extra space asking me for "Name of Spouse". I never had to worry about that little line before. I've always ticked the "Single" box. Even through the engagement, it's been the "Single" box. There isn't an option for "Engaged". Or even "In a Relationship", for that matter. Facebook has the monopoly on that one.

No, from now on, I am ticking the "Married" box. I get to do that on our flight to the Barbados for the honeymoon, which is an incredibly exciting thought.

All thoughts I've had lately are exciting. Like, really, bone-tickling exciting. We had the tasting for the reception dinner the other night, and every bite was perfection, exactly what Nat and I had hoped for. We got to select the wine and went over the seating chart, which wasn't as difficult as I had thought it would be.

Throughout the evening I felt that warmth of giddiness growing in my belly. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face if you tried, and I would randomly burst into little fits of 'Oh, this is SO MUCH FUN!". A far cry from two weeks ago, when the amount of stress bubbling beneath the surface caused a breakout of epic proportions on my forehead. So not what I needed at that time, but has since calmed and cleared, making way for a lovely pre-wedded glow.

I have battled one cold and been stricken with another as of yesterday, hopefully being the last fight I'll have to wage before people start arriving for the festivities.

The lovely Heather arrives all the way from Adelaide, Australia in less than two weeks from now. 13 days to be exact. In two weeks, she will no doubt be sleeping off her jet lag, waiting for me to finish my last day of work before I get a glorious three weeks off! I am spending the entire week before the wedding with her, and hopefully some time with Graeme and Patricia.

I imagine it will be a relatively calm week, since the last thing I want is to be exhausted and worn out before I have to be glamorous and presentable for everyone and their cameras. A little bit of rambunctiousness is always welcome, especially when you get the four of us together. Ah, memories of London.

As well as Heather, Alicia is arriving from Amsterdam. Just in time for the hen do on the 9th. Oh, Lordy, I'm praying for a drama and vomit-free evening. At 31, though I'm a little less prone to causing riotous havoc when out on the town. But you never know with a hen do. You just never know...so I'm expecting nothing and hoping to make it out alive.

I picked up my dress and my "headgear" last weekend, so that part is all done. Nat is getting a gorgeous bespoke suit made for the wedding and has his second-last fitting tonight. He has his shoes and his belt, so once the suit is finished we're all ready to go, wardrobe wise.

The girls have their dresses. The flowers have been picked. The hair and makeup team is assembled. The hotels are booked. The rehearsal is set. The limos arranged. The photographer is at the ready.

There truly isn't anything else to stress about. No more excuses, no more anxiety, no more restless sleeps.

I am officially relaxed and ready to enjoy this time.

And what a time it will be.

3 comments:

Geordy and Pete said...

it will be fantastic!

have a lovely couple of weeks and the best time when heather arrives.

x

Alex and Alex Aranchikov said...

tres tres tres excitement. the world of blog has so much excitement coming!! You will be THE most stunning bride. Good luck Buffy - and YES enjoy and savour!

p.j.r said...

HOOoooORAY!!!!
As much as this blog gets me excited - it ain't nothing like the real thing. Can't wait to see it all unfold in person!! WAHOOO..