Thursday, March 17, 2011

Showered in Wine.

To satiate those who love a good pictorial post, here are some pictures from our Wine Shower.

Months ago, a very close friend of my mother, Laurie Wallace, offered to host a wine shower for Nat and me. Very kind, considering it had been literally years since I had seen her. Still, it was a lovely gesture and we scored plenty of fine bottles on wine to start a nice little collection.

I had had my wedding day make-up trial earlier that day, so I was feeling particularly pretty with my very fluttery false eyelashes. My mother was in disbelief, "THOSE are FAKE?!"


She had to take a picture to get a better look.

As there are at all showers, there were a few funny games played. When people entered the house they had a sticker stuck on their back with a name of a famous person, dead or alive. Without peeking at the name you had to ask people questions and try to guess who you are. You then had to find the person who was stickered with the name of your person's partner/lover. Of course, in these types of games, hilarity ensued. Anneliese was "Albert". I, not knowing she was supposed to be Prince Albert, assumed she was Bill Cosby's famous cartoon character, Fat Albert. So all of my answers to her questions made no sense in the end.

Laurie also cut holes into an old sheet and hung it from a doorway. A group of women including myself had to position themselves so their noses poked through the holes. Nat would be on the other side and had to guess just by looking which nose belonged to me. Since I have a rather bulbous nose, he knew instantly which one was me.

Me and my gorgeous sister

Ladies lining up to happily shove their noses through the holes.

Bulbous.


Then it was the men's turn to stick their feet out from beneath the sheet, and I had to guess which one belonged to Nat. And what can I say, I know Nat's hairy feet better than I'd like to admit.

(His is the one on the far right)

Below are more pictures from the evening.

We were very touched and lucky to have friends and family there to celebrate with us.



A hilariously bad bottle of wine given as a joke gift.
Had to be there.





Cousin Emily and the gorgeous baby Eloise.

Practicing the cutting of the cake.
I hope Nat has that same face when we cut the actual wedding cake.

3 comments:

Mezzle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mezzle said...

Wine shower - fun idea! I'll have to remember that one. Problem is Stu would want it to be a whiskey shower. Ugh.

Countdown continues!

Love Mez

Poom (aka Meredith) said...

Great wine shower!! I can't believe that was over a month ago!! BTW, it was ME who was 'Albert' for the couples guessing game! Not Anneliese. I remember this because you kept going "hey hey hey, Fattie" every time you looked at me... I pretty much guessed who I was right away. Even though my name said 'Albert' and not 'Fat Albert'.

Thanks for posting my photobomb pic! That one's the best. Surprisingly, I didn't have anything to drink that night.

Great times had by all! Look how cute Uncle B is in the last pic. So precious.

Bring on the Stagette!! Oh yeah, and the wedding too! :P

Love,
Poom