Friday, January 09, 2009

Yay, me!

It's not very often that I do something I'm proud of (those of you who have seen my past attempts at "acting" will understand what I mean).

When I got back from London, I was 10 lbs heavier than I have been for the last few years. Pretty much since University, which was the only other time in my life I indulged in daily pints and fast food. Because I managed to slip back into the lifestyle, I was able to let my - ahem - physique, slip!

And heading to India - where daily I devoured devilishly cheap and deliciously rich food - didn't help the ol' waistline.

It wasn't an overtly noticeable weight gain to others, but I definitely noticed. I felt it more than saw it, actually. I had a bad case of the Beer Bloat and felt gross all the time.

I promised myself that once I got back to Toronto, I would do my best to shed the weight and get back on track with my health (Resolution #1). I've only really been successful at the gym thing once before, when I was living with Alicia. We were working in bars at night, so we'd go 4-5 times a week during the day, for 1+ hours at a time. We were also 24 years old and our bodies responded to exercise almost immediately. Now? Well....

My dad became my personal trainer, of sorts. He started running with me, bless his heart. Actually, I should probably say "bless MY heart", because I was the one struggling along at first.

The first 5 pounds fell right off, which was probably just the Beer Bloat. These last 5?....not so easy.

But! I have persevered, joined a gym, stuck to my workouts and now? The other 5 pounds? GONZO! It was hard......very hard. But man, do I feel great.

I've managed to shed the London-10 and am back to where I was! I don't necessarily want to lose anymore weight, so now its all about getting fit. So, YAY ME!!

No comments: