Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The "Ball".

Allison and The Jells were kind enough to invite me and The Captain along to the annual Canstage Theatre Ball, at which Jells company had a table.

And since I am never one to turn down the offer of attending a ball, we graciously accepted.
The theme was "A Night in Mykonos", and the dress was "Greek Summer White". Whatever the eff that means. Not having anything white to wear, paired with the fact that my skin hasn't seen sun in 6 months, I opted to wear the gorgeous blue dress I bought in London for Alicia's wedding. Aptly called my "London dress".
Being the youngest table of people by at least twenty years (slight exaggeration), we took full advantage of the open bar....but still wound up leaving by 10:30pm.
Regardless! It was still a ball. Old, rich people were dressed to the nines, and spent WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much money on useless auction items (e.g. a gold ring with a gaudy matching bracelet) that could have been given to a much-more-worthy cause than the Canstage. Yep. I said it.
Still, it was a fun night, and incredibly wonderful to get all dolled up for the first real "outing" with The Captain.


Apologies for a lack of pictures...my camera didn't fit in my teeny tiny purse that is strictly reserved for events like this. These are from The Captain's camera. I will try to hijack some from Allison to add at a later date.


Very James Bond.



Note: LOST THE HAIR. Bang.

The Captain: My handsome date.



Caroline, Allison and The Jells.

The Jells engaging The Captain and Walshie.

Handsome men.

Summer Greek?

Got those pictures...



Pretty ladies!

Rocking out at the ball.








2 comments:

Geordy and Pete said...

captain =goregous

hes a keeper

x

Beth said...

:) He's also kind, considerate, loving, gracious....and tall. Very, very tall.
xo