Saturday, September 30, 2006


Fong Does Wang



My dear, wonderful friend Vanessa Fong is getting married. Ryan finally stepped up after 9 years and is going to make an honest woman of her! Seriously, though. I'm absolutely thrilled beyond words for them. They are each other's "lobster", and will definitely live a long and happy life together.

Another exciting piece of news, I have been asked to be a bridesmaid! Since Fong is my first friend to take the plunge, I'm honored to have my first time (of probably many...you know what they say about being a bridesmaid) be for her.

Last weekend, I - along with the rest of her wedding party (Barb, Sarah, and her sisters Leslie and Miranda) - accompanied Fong as she tried on wedding gowns! AAA!

We started off at Avenue in the Four Seasons for lunch, where we ate over-priced sandwiches a stones throw away from Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel. From there we went to Justine McCaffereys where we put Barbs score cards to good use and I blubbered like an idiot.

Then came Wang. Vera Wang.

We arrived at 5 on the dot. However, the older European lady in Chanel informed us that her previous appointment was going late asked us to come back in 15 minutes. We went back in 20 and were scolded for being late, "because now eet eez five tventy and vee close at seex."

Vanessa looked beautiful. Ethereal. Like a virginal goddess. I don't know if anyone has seen a Vera Wang wedding gown in real life (I never had before), but they are so unbelieveably exquisite that I can't even describe it. There are no words. I wish I could have snuck in a picture, but the one above is all I could pull off.

They get married in June, and I'm already psyched to tell you all about how it goes.

Congratulations, Vanessa and Ryan!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: