Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Today was a day of rest and relaxation. It was wonderful. Laying on the couch and snuggling with Billy. Then Nadine called. She was quite hungry from the night before and decided to come over to bake a cake.
So domestic. She'll make a wonderful wife one day.




Devils food cake with French Vanilla icing.




Absolutely the best thing ever made in my kitchen.


I couldn't help myself. I actually took a big bite.

But now I have a delicious cake in my kitchen and I don't know what to do about it. I'm hoping I can resist long enough to take it to work tomorrow and let the wolves demolish it.

It really is the best cake ever.

Thank you, Nadine. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather Anders said...

but that can't be the best thing cooked in your kitchen, surely? Why, don't you have the most INCREDIBLE cookbook given to you by that supermodel friend of yours?

I demand a blog entry that details you actually cooking something from that book.

Beth said...

okay...I'll admit that I have had mush tastier things made in my kitchen. It was a wonderful cake, however, and Nadine was sitting right next to me dictating what I should write about it. So I really had no choice when you think about it. The cookbook my supermodel friend gave me is incredible, and it does get used quite often. Next time I decide to recreate one of it's dishes, I will make sure to post the event, ingredient by ingredient.