Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Dress: Reject Pile

NATHANIEL TYLER BARNES, TURN AWAY NOW OR ELSE!
Everyone else, please scroll down.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Thank you for your joining me :)



I'm on a bit of a roll here, especially with The Dress posts.

As per your requests, I present to you some of the dresses that did NOT make the cut.

NOTE: All of these dresses were lovely, but due to specific reasons (detailed below each picture) they were left on the hanger.



I loved the sweetheart neckline and the thick waistband, but the flowers that decorated the mid-section were made of a weird fabric and stuck out awkwardly from the dress.



For the most part I avoided anything mermaid/trumpet/fit & flare.
My curves seemed to look disproportionate to my stumpy legs and long torso.
My sister got me to try on a different dress to the above, all satiny and sparkly, and I just was NOT comfortable in it.

THIS ONE, however, was lovely on me. I felt glamorous and sexy...but it just wasn't "me".
It's not what I envisioned myself wearing on my wedding day.



This one felt all wrong. Something about the way it kind of flared open at the front just below the sequins...plus the waistline looked weird on me.



This one....*sigh*....THIS ONE was the one I tried on and felt like it was "THE ONE".
But because I let a slick saleslady put me in it - even though it was WAAAAAAAY above my budget - I was forced to leave it behind.
The sweetheart neckline, the waistband with the floral detailing (the centre of each had a little sparkly bit!), the endless, flowing chiffon....it was a dream. A dream that had to be CRUSHED.
*SNIFF*



This one and the one below were two of the first I tried on. And I LOVED both of them!

The one above was so much FUN!! I tried it on and I just started laughing! It was fluffy and flowy, I could imagine myself on a windy day on the steps of Old City Hall, dress fluttering all over the place! It was AWESOME!!
But again, it was a bit out of my league budget-wise. And also, it was a bit "couture"...I worried I'd look back on it in 30 years and wonder, "WHAT was I thinking?!?"
Or worse, if my kids looked at it and laugh. But that will probably happen anyway.



This one was like, TOP of the list...until I found out that a dear friend of mine - Sarah Newman - had selected this EXACT SAME DRESS to wear for her wedding.
As soon as I found that out it was immediately off the list.


So there you have it! There were others, but they were DEFINITELY not worth mentioning. These were the Top 6 before I found it. THE DRESS! Seeing how pretty these ones were, imagine how AWESOME the ACTUAL ONE is going to look! Heeheeee!!

Up next: ACCESSORIZE!!!

2 comments:

Kat said...

I love it! Keep it coming. Are we actually going to see your dress?! You'll have to give me the details.. looks like we're doing our vow renewal next July. :)

Heather Anders said...

buff, can i just say how AMAZING (and prolific!) this blog is. I love seeing everything that is happening, feel like i am there! (WISH i was)

i love ALL of these, but more excited by THE ONE.

blog it on!