Sunday, July 11, 2010

Let's raise a glass.

Well, hello again.

4 months on, and I'm out of that horrible funk.

I was in a bad place. I was miserable in my job (which I have since quit), I questioned what my future held...then I took a trip and was confronted with the ultimate sentiment of love and commitment.

I'm sure you all know by now, but I'll tell you again anyway: The Captian....El Capitan...Nathaniel Barnes, the lovely country-boy from Pembroke, Ontario, Canada...flew overnight to London ahead of me, surprised me at Borough Market (my favourite place on Earth), got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife.

...and I said yes. Bloody hell...I said DAMN, YES!

Ms. Heather was instrumental in the day, pretty much giving Nat all the direction he needed to make it a successful and insanely romantic event. Which is why I've asked her to be one of my Bridesmaids.

I have received some requests from you readers to turn this blog into everything Wedding Planning. And after much radio silence, I have decided to oblige.

It's been 3 months of engaged-bliss, and with having chosen the wedding date - Saturday, April 23, 2011 - comes the start of the planning process.

9 months and change til the big day, and I thought it'd be a breeze to plan! After all, how hard can it be? Get a dress, invite your friends, order some flowers & some prime rib.....then just show up! Bada Bing, Bada Boom!

...I can hear all of you who've been involved in wedding planning laughing out loud.

This is going to be a long 9 months and change, and I have resurrected this blog as a sounding board for all of the highs and lows I am sure to hit as I approach the Big Day.

My wedding day. MY Wedding Day. I am GETTING MARRIED!

...Who woulda thunk it :)


5 comments:

Geordy and Pete said...

yay! your back!!!!
we missed you.
x

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH!

long comment erased. argh.

Heather Anders said...

it said.

AHAHAHAHA.
martha stewart weddings! gold!
(seriously though - GOLD. amazing website)

awesome exciting new blog direction. cant wait to read about all the madness a la wedding.

(btw i am the lamest b-maid ever, should you wish to revoke privilidges, i would prob be in complete agreement)

will reply to e in next few days - entire extended family been struck down by The WORST Flu ever. 1 step off swine flu. (in my book anyway) still sick as dog after 2 weeks.

Beth said...

How can you think you're a lame b-maid?! Being across the planet and having a family to wrangle is good reason to be a bit MIA ;) Besides, you're not the only international maid I have.

I just want you and Lish to show up on the day, smile, look pretty, and maybe make a stupid speech without embarrassing me too much.

I have two very competent Toronto-based b-maids helping me along. So don't worry about anything.

Am planning a blog on everything B-Maid, from selection to finding the right dress....stay tuned.

Verity Slee said...

Congrats Beth and Nathaniel! SOOOOOOO cool! I was overwhelmed when I read it on Feather's blog! So special! So brilliant! You two are so lucky to have such loving bliss- YESSSSS! Good work I say! xxxxxxx